How Commercial Truck Accidents Differ From Car Accidents

commercial truck accidents

Accidents involving commercial trucks raise issues that are often different from car accidents. This is due to the size of commercial trucks and their loads, issues related to ownership of the truck, and the nature of truck driving itself. If you have been involved in an accident with a commercial truck, then contact a Charleston WV personal injury lawyer to learn what options are available.

How are commercial truck accidents different than regular car accidents?

Commercial truck accidents often result in issues that differ from typical car accidents. Commercial trucks are usually very large and may be carrying a significant load. Because of this, the impact can be more significant and cause more serious injuries.

Commercial truck drivers also are subject to laws that are unique to that them. These include weight requirements, limitations on how long they can drive and a requirement to drive in a safe manner due to the increased risk of harm. There may be several areas where a truck driver failed to comply with the law or act within reason that contributed to an accident.

Accidents involving commercial truck drivers also raise questions about who is liable. Commercial truck drivers are frequently driving for a business, so the driver and the business itself may be liable. If the driver was in the course of their employment for the business when the accident happened, then the business may be required to compensate you.

What should you do if injured in a commercial truck accident?

If you are injured in a commercial truck accident, then contact law enforcement immediately and seek out medical care for your injuries. Soon after the accident, you should contact a Charleston truck accident Lawyer for legal advice.

A personal injury Charleston WV attorney from Freeman and Chiartas can review the facts of your case to determine if you may have a claim for money damages against the commercial truck driver. Contact us today to schedule a consultation if you have been involved in an accident.