Charleston Dangerous Properties Attorneys
Charleston Premises Liability Attorneys
Many people think of a slip and fall accident as a less-than-serious event. This is far from the truth. In fact, the Center for Disease Control (CDC) has stated that slip and fall events are the leading cause for wrist, hip, and knee injuries for people age 18-60, and head and neck injuries for people 18 and under and over 60 years of age.
Slip and fall events can take place at any time and in any area. Business owners have a specific responsibility to ensure that their businesses remain safe for employees as well as clients to walk through at all times. Failure to provide a safe environment for walking is an act of negligence.
To ensure that people entering or exiting your establishment as a visitor or employee remains safe, businesses must:
- Secure all electrical wires in a manner so that people will not trip and fall and potentially electrocute themselves.
- Secure all floor mats and rugs in a manner to prevent slipping.
- Keep stairways well-lit and cleaned and make sure that all hand railings are secured and at the right height for use.
- Make sure that all fencing, gates, and other protective devices for the property are in working condition and are safe to use.
- Keep all walkways inside and outside of the building free of debris and clutter.
- Make sure floors and pathways are maintained in a manner that makes them safe based on weather condition.
- Take safety precautions for any potential issues that may impede walking, such as moving furniture and equipment in a manner that creates ample pathways.
Dangerous Property Accidents
If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident, it is important to seek medical attention at the time of the event. Fractures and injuries to the head may just seem like an “ache” at the time of the event, but are really something more serious. Having a medical exam will protect your rights as an injury victim.
If you have suffered an injury in a slip and fall event, speak with a Charleston Dangerous Properties Attorneys about your rights to seek compensation for your losses. Contact us today!
West Virginia law grants injury victims specific rights to claim compensation when they have been injured as a result of the negligent action of another person or entity.